Thank you for visiting The Uncorked Librarian. Before contacting me to request book related services please read my full Book Review Policy below:
Hi! I [Christine, The Uncorked Librarian] am currently available to review solicited Advanced Reading Copies (ARCs), Review Copies of books, and newer titles issued no later than four-weeks after the publication date. On occasion, I will make an exception for an earlier released title, usually within a year of publication or if it is part of a must-read series.
Formats I Will Accept (in order of preference):
- Physical Book Copies–I still love holding the actual book
- .mobi (for Kindle Fire App)
What I Will Review:
As a rogue librarian, I maintain an eclectic site. Genres I review in order of age preference:
- Young Adult, Middle Grade, and Children’s Books: Realistic, Science, and Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Multicultural Lit., Graphic Novels and LGBT+ ; I will also consider some nonfiction titles
- Children’s picture books, both fiction and nonfiction
- Adult Fiction and Nonfiction: Contemporary and Travel Related
This does not mean that I will not consider other genres. Depending on time constraints and the book synopsis, I can be convinced to read and review any intriguing title.
What Else I Can Do For You:
If I accept your book for a full review, other services include:
- Conducting an author interview
- Participating in a blog tour
- Hosting a giveaway with author/publisher provided materials
- Offering you a guest blog post with a relevant and agreed upon topic on theuncorkedlibrarian.com
- You tell me! I’d love to hear your ideas and work together.
Where I May Review & Share My Thoughts:
I love sharing books with readers all over the world. Below are a few of the methods I use to get word out about a great title. I love when authors and publishers share my links and tag The Uncorked Librarian.
- The Uncorked Librarian website
- The Uncorked Librarian Facebook Page
- Instagram & Instagram Stories
Although I like to mix up review style and always implement keywords for optimal SEO, I typically format reviews in the following way:
- Book cover
- Non-Spoiler Review (unless otherwise warned)
- Purchase Links
- General Book Information (Title, Author, Publisher, Date) with a link to the author’s website; you may also submit any other information or social media links that you would like readers to access.
Although reading and writing is my passion, I unfortunately cannot accept every request to review. I will consider all email queries but also cannot promise to respond to every email—although I still try. If you have not heard from me in a timely fashion, please assume I am unable to accept your request for a title at that particular time.
By contacting me with a request to review, you acknowledge and respect that I am obligated to write my honest opinion. All assessments are my own and are not meant to be biased or cause harm in anyway. Upon receiving and reading a title, if a book is poorly edited, in bad taste, or does not catch my interest to the extreme, I reserve the right to decline a review.
Are You Ready To Work Together To Promote The Next Great Read?
Thank you for reading my Book Review Policy. Although my guidelines are thorough, I promise that I am more of a unicorn than a lion. These terms are meant to help both you and I work together in the most productive and successful way. Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com with book review requests.
When writing a book request email, please be sure to include:
- Title, author, publisher, publication date, and summary of the book.
- Although I sometimes use affiliate program book covers, I would love an official book cover image from you and/or permission from your publisher to use the cover in a responsible manner across social media.
- Lastly, if you have a date that you would like your book reviewed by, let me know. However, please be aware that I cannot guarantee a time when I will post a review. My goal is to post around the release date.