Thank you for visiting The Uncorked Librarian. Before contacting me to request book related services please read my full Book Review Policy below.
Hi! I [Christine, The Uncorked Librarian] am currently accepting limited and solicited Advanced Reading Copies (ARCs), Review Copies of books, and newer titles issued no later than 4-6 months after the publication date. On occasion, I will make an exception for an earlier released title.
Formats I Will Accept:
Physical Book Copies Only
On rare occasion, I may consider a digital format.
What I Will Review:
The Uncorked Librarian showcases books, booze, and travel coming together. Types of books that I will consider for review:
- Titles related to travel, libraries, or boozy drinks- this can be fiction or nonfiction
- Books that transport- books related to time travel, dystopian worlds, historical fiction, and fantasy words fitting with my niche
- Reads promoting self-discovery and growth via travel (similar to Eat, Pray, Love, A Walk in the Woods, and Strayed)
- Books perfect for fun, seasonal lists related to books, booze, and travel
Please check my social media and current blog posts to see what country/countries and areas I am focusing on for reviews. You can also check in to see where I am off to next or what gaps I would like to fill in for books around the world.
Any age level is OK, but I prefer adult and YA.
Indie authors and publishers are also high on my priority list.
This does not mean that I will not consider other genres. Depending on time constraints and the book synopsis, I can be convinced to read and review any intriguing title related to my niche.
What Else I Can Do For You:
If I accept your book for a full review, other services available may include:
- Hosting a giveaway with author/publisher provided materials
- Offering you a guest slot in a collaborative piece
- Taking over your social media for a day to publicize
- Providing ad space for your title on TUL [purchased]
- Hosting an online launch/publicity party [purchased]
- Showcasing a sponsored ad on social media [purchased]
Where I May Review & Share My Thoughts:
I love sharing books with readers all over the world. Below are a few of the methods I use to get the word out about a worthy title. I love when authors and publishers share my links and tag The Uncorked Librarian as well.
- The Uncorked Librarian website
- The Uncorked Librarian Facebook Page
- Instagram & Instagram Stories
Although I like to mix up review styles and always implement keywords for optimal SEO, I typically format reviews in the following way:
- Non-Spoiler Review (unless otherwise warned)
- Purchase Links
- General Book Information (Title, Author, Publisher, Date) with a link to the author’s website; you may also submit any other information or social media links that you would like readers to access.
- Book Cover- Please note that unless otherwise directed, I will make a pinnable image for Pinterest with your book cover.
Although reading and writing are my passions, I, unfortunately, cannot accept every request to review. I will consider all email queries but also cannot promise to respond to every email—although I still try. If you have not heard from me in a timely fashion, please assume I am unable to accept your request for a title at that particular time.
If I agree to accept your title, know that I may review within a week or months of receiving the book. I may also choose not to review at all.
By contacting me with a request to review, you acknowledge and respect that I am obligated to write my honest opinion. All assessments are my own and are not meant to be biased or cause harm in any way. Upon receiving and reading a title, if a book is poorly edited, in bad taste, or does not catch my interest to the extreme, I reserve the right to decline a review.
Are You Ready To Work Together To Promote The Next Great Read?
Thank you for reading my Book Review Policy. Although my guidelines are thorough, I promise that I am more of a unicorn than a lion. These terms are meant to help both you and I work together in the most productive and successful way. Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com with book review requests.
When writing a book request email, please be sure to include:
- Title, author, publisher, publication date, and summary of the book.
- Although I sometimes use affiliate program book covers or my own pictures, I would love an official book cover image from you and/or permission from you/your publisher to use the cover in a responsible manner across social media.
- Lastly, if you have a date that you would like your book reviewed by, let me know. However, please be aware that I cannot guarantee a time when I will post a review.